8 home updates you can do in a weekend or less
Whether you’ve just moved into a new place, are preparing to sell your home, or simply feel like things around your home need revamping, small decor changes can make a big impact in a home’s look. If you’re looking to improve the look and feel of your home, there are a few updates you can complete in a few hours or over the course of a weekend! No matter how much - or how little – time you have to devote, these quick and easy projects will give the spaces in your home an instant improvement and bring new life to otherwise outdated fixtures and decor…and they are affordable too!
- Upgrade the sink faucet – You’ll be amazed at how much you can improve the look of the sink area by updating the faucet. Opt for a energy efficient model in a new style and the visual improvement will be immediate!
- Update the cabinet door knobs, pulls, and hinges. Replacing factory-issue handles and pulls with designs that reflect your personal taste is a quick and easy change to kitchen and bathroom spaces. There is a extensive choice of options - from a variety of different finishes, to painted glass, to fun and whimsical … the choices are limitless!
- You can do two different things when it comes to a room with carpet. You can either steam clean to refresh the look OR opt for a new flooring choice. While replacing the carpet with laminate flooring is a project that can be completed in less than a weekend, if you’ve never done it before, you may need to enlist the help of someone who has!
- Update window treatments – You’ll be amazed at what a simple change of window treatments can do to the look of a room. Brightening the space by letting in more natural light will change and update the overall look as well!
- Introduce a new color to your living room or bedroom with inexpensive, colorful accessories. Add toss pillows or drape a new throw blanket over the arm or the back of the sofa for a quick pick-me-up.
- Changing lamp shades or replacing an existing lighting fixture has instant impact on the look and feel of any room.
- Just like the kitchen, bathrooms can benefit from changing faucets and hardware or consider adding an updated spa-like shower head – Not only will it improve the look, you just might turn your bathroom into a retreat just for you!
- With a little paint, you can transform dull rooms into vibrant living spaces. Whether it’s adding a cheery color to the front-door, highlighting a ceiling with a bold color, or creating a dramatic accent wall - new paint makes everything look clean and bright again and you’re left with a refreshing new look to enjoy!
When you’re ready to buy or sell a property in the Myrtle Beach area, call Carolina Strand Realty at 843-945-9006 or CONTACT US to get started.