Identifying the selling points of your home
If you are planning on selling your home soon, one question you may be thinking about is how do I make my house stand out in today’s real estate market? To have your home stand out from the competition, it’s important to know what buyers care about and how your home offers a more comfortable lifestyle than the competition. If your home is in the most prestigious neighborhood in town, it’s pretty easy to know what to highlight, but if you have a normal house in a normal neighborhood, there could very well be things you take for granted which a home buyer might be attracted to – if you mention it in the listing. You’ll want to be sure to mention all of the important selling points your home has – features that buyers are looking for in their home search – it could move your home to the top of a buyer’s list. Here is a list of features that home buyers may be looking for that you may be forgetting to mention:
- Storage First-time buyers, for example, are not simply comparing your home to other homes, they are also comparing it to the lifestyle of being a renter and the lack of storage often associated with a rental. The idea of having a place for storing everything is a big motivator for many first-time home buyers. Highlight extra closets, pantries or other built-in storage amenities.
- Organization From the first-time home buyer looking for a clutter-free existence to buyers who are moving up into a family home, built-in organizers can represent value and appeal to a wide range of prospective buyers. If your home has been upgraded with customized or built-in closet, kitchen or garage organizer systems, or bookshelves be sure to mention it.
- Location Relocating buyers don’t always know the lay of the land or the property’s proximity to amenities and attractions. If your home is particularly well-located to major employers, universities, recreational amenities or walkable shopping and dining districts, bring it to the buyer’s attention.
- Senior-friendly Boomers are often looking for homes they can live in for the rest of their lives and not just in senior-only communities. Homes with level-in entrances (no stairs to the front door), single story layouts and low-maintenance landscaping are attractive features. And for extended families who have moved aging relatives in with them, an in-law suite or second master suite on the home’s ground floor are selling features.
- Energy Efficiency Even buyers who don’t identify themselves as hunting for a “green” home can be attracted to the budget-friendliness of energy-efficient features such as tankless water heater, dual-paned windows and new insulation.
When you’re ready to buy or sell a property in the Myrtle Beach area, call Carolina Strand Realty at 843-945-9006 or CONTACT US to get started!