Investing in Myrtle Beach real estate
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has a warm subtropical climate with enough of a seasonal change to keep it interesting but with plenty of warm weather for outdoor activities. Renowned for being one of the ultimate vacation spots for everyone who loves beaches, golf, fishing, a wide variety of water sports, world-class restaurants and great shopping, Myrtle Beach is one of the major centers of tourism in the United States with more than 14 million people visiting the Grand Strand area every year.
In addition to Myrtle Beach being recognized for it’s thriving real estate market – placing 1st in Daily Finance’s The 5 Surprising Housing Markets on Big Hot Streaks and being named 3rd Best Small Metro Area in U.S. to Buy A Home by NerdWallet – Myrtle Beach also consistently hits the top of superlative lists for its restaurants, beaches, golf courses and amusement parks, including these recent accolades:
- HuffingtonPost.com’s Best Restaurant Cities (2013)
- Top East Coast Beaches & Best Family Vacations by Flipkey (2013)
- Trip Advisor’s Top 25 Travel Destinations (2013)
- #1 Best Travel Spots on Travel Channel’s Best of Samantha Brown (2013)
- Top Southern Hot Spot for Winter Meetings & Events by Convention South Magazine (2013)
You can see why Myrtle Beach and all of the the Grand Strand area may just be the perfect place if you are looking for an investment property. It’s diverse. It’s vibrant. It’s beautiful. Attracting everyone from college spring-breakers, to golf or fishing enthusiasts, to families looking for the perfect family-friendly vacation spot. With the Atlantic Ocean on your doorstep and affordable real estate opportunities, it’s no wonder real estate deals are being snapped up in Myrtle Beach.
As with any home purchase, it’s important to figure out exactly what you want and need in an investment property to make a smart purchasing decision. Here are a few points to consider:
- How will you use the property? Will it be used solely as your own vacation home or solely as a rental property? Perhaps you want to live here part of the year and rent it out to others the rest of the year. Will you using it for rental income until which time as you are able to permanently relocate to the area?
- What type of location do you want? Ocean front? On a golf course? Marina accessible? In the middle of it all or slightly off the beaten path? Take into consideration how you will use the property or the rental clientele you want to attract and then determine exactly what you need.
- What type of property do you want? Myrtle Beach offers a wide array of home buying options – from luxury estate homes to care-free oceanside condos. Ocean front condos make for some of the highest rental revenues, but do you want a condo in a high rise or one in a smaller complex? How many bedrooms will you need? Two bedrooms may be enough for your family normally, but will you want extra room available for guests? If this is going to be used primarily as a rental property you’ll want to think like a prospective renter.
Whether you’re an investor looking for investment property, a vacation home buyer, or looking to make the Myrtle Beach area your permanent residence, call Carolina Strand Realty at 843-945-9006 or CONTACT US now to get started.